The Data Architect will have an end-to-end vision of all SCA’s solutions for Supply Chain cost analysis and optimization products, and understands future needs of SCA’s products. The Data Architect will address all design and development issues of productdatabaseand its interaction with various parts of software.
- Minimum of 10 years in Database design and development.
- 6+ years Hands-on experience designing RDBMSdatabases for web applications
- 2+ years of experience with star schema and dimensional data modeling.
- A minimum of 5+ years of data architectureexperience including data warehousing.
- 2+ years of application performance management – Systems Availability and Performance tuning
- Design and develop complex database load and maintenance processes.
- Delivers data architecture in line with the requirements of software products that are aligned with market, business and technology roadmap and strategy
- Design and document innovative and implementable database designs that satisfy complex technical software requirements, customer’s business requirements, business processes.
- Evaluate new technologies, develop POC’s for enhanced functionality
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and publish coding and design guidelines for improvement
- Take complete ownership of database related to delivering business processes in product roadmap.
- Identify changes to improve database performance
Skill sets required
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Experience with Meta Data tools
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Must be conversant with Industry wide Database Standards
- Strong understanding of all versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to effectively document and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Excellent time management required and an ability to stay calm in a very dynamic environment
- The ability to abstract general principles from specifics.
- Leadership role in ensuring that new and existing applications abide by current architectural standards