As a Data Architect, you can too. We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate. We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply! You are: A passionate Data Architect who will support, design, architect, and develop long term data and analytics solution for our Presort business in Omaha, Nebraska. You would be one of the key members of a dynamic team supporting & building IT solutions for Presort Products & business primarily in Microsoft Stack of technologies. This individual will have a direct impact in development and the use of new database technologies. In addition, Pitney Bowes aims to be the technology “Growth” company of the future with laser focus on solving our client’s problems in the world of Small & Medium Business, Global Ecommerce shipping and Software/Big Data. You will:
- Report directly to the Director of IT Governance, PPM & Presort Delivery under the Vice President of IT Ecommerce Services and Governance.
- Analyze, design and develop complex database solutions to achieve business requirements collaborating with Business Stakeholders.
- Devise Strategy and Engage with Enterprise DBA s & Solution Architects, to define & execute Database & Analytics strategy for Presort.
- Advise the IT Leadership team & Presort business in Data & Analytics space.
- Provide global thought leadership in Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of Dashboards. This takes the form of contribution to research and recommend solutions in Big Data, Predictive Analytics & Cloud Computing
- Train & mentor other Front End, Database Developers and SQL DBAs.
- Lead and administer SQL Server Databases in non-production environments.
- Ensure security of systems which will include: database backup/recovery strategy monitoring strategy to maximize availability of the database.
- Support and assist development team in the testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
Your background:As a Data Architect, you have:
- 7 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context in Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Technical degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as Agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Experience with the MS Business Intelligence Stack: SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience in building and maintaining data systems and data warehousing using OLTP, OLAP, etc.
- Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards and Reporting
- Operational – Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
- Exposure to Snowflake or PowerBI cloud technologies a plus
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Team Pitney Bowes is a global technology company offering innovative products and solutions that enable commerce in the areas of customer information management, location intelligence, customer engagement, shipping and mailing, and global ecommerce. Founded in 1920, Pitney Bowes operates around the world, serving more than 1.5 million clients. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply. All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.