As our Database Architect, you will own the databasearchitecture of our SaaS products that support thousands of companies worldwide. To ensure the best quality of service for our customers, our databases need to be well structured, highly available and fast. Our environment is fast paced and needs your outstanding knowledge to assist our team by ensuring the quality of our service stays a step in front of our customer’s needs. From schema design to code and design reviews – this is a role where you can truly make a difference.
If you are seeking to find “that place” to take your history of jaw dropping success to the next level, we would like to hear from you. NAVEX Global is one of Oregon’s fastest growing companies supporting clients around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
In This Role You Will Often:
- Work closely with product development and product management teams to gather and analyze application requirements and design or extend data structures for those requirements
- Create and maintain the designs for enterprise databases to ensure integrity, scalability, and security
- Own the database design standards and communicate these to the development teams during implementation and review sessions to ensure development meets requirements and conforms to standards
- Enforce commercially-reasonable design standards such as normalization and distribution in the databasearchitecture
- Refactor existing data structures to improve data integrity and strengthen design structures
- Work with our product development and DevOps teams to develop strategies to support live deployment of our systems
- Work with our DBAs to identify issues with our production systems and build fixes and tools to correct them
- Collaborate with our DevOps engineers to help design, implement and maintain our automated database deployment and migration tools
- Work with our hosting team to identify critical queries to support alerting the team when problems occur
- Build and maintain entity-relationship diagrams and otherdatabase-related documentation
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent work related experience
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling standards and best practices
- 5+ years of industry experience working in a related discipline
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing T-SQL code, stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, and views
- Experience implementing appropriate indexes, constraints, and key relationships in SQLServer
- Experience with alternatives to SQLServer such as PostgreSQL and Hadoop
- Experience in dimensional modeling and use of tools like Erwin
- Experience with Multi-tenant and Single-tenant Databases in a SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people
- Ability to train and mentor team members.