ThePrincipal Database Architect position isresponsible for designing and leading product development that aligns with Aristocrat's strategic roadmap. This position will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. This position's role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems. He or she willwork closelywith product marketing, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
What you'll do
- Mentors and guides team members in T-SQL syntax, Stored Procedure Optimization, Physical Schema design.
- Works with Database Developers, Software Engineers, Software Architects, Product Managers, Product Developers, subject matter experts and others on system architecture and interface development.
- Defines technical product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the organization.
- Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Keeps team members informed of changes in processes, design decisions and policies.
- Leads implementation of solutions that will improve the current product performance, quality, processes and standards.
- Ensure team members are following agreed product designs and Aristocrat’s guidelines and coding standards.
- Recommends design solutions and hardware requirements that align with product business value.
- Produce quality database artifacts.
- Ensure quality code is checked in to avoid broken builds that can cause delays to the team.
- Writes unit, regression, load and stress tests to verify software programs. Prepares any test data required.
- Perform data validation to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of underlying data and analytic models.
- Perform complex data extractions and manipulations.
- Follows Company programming standards.
- Follows Company design methodology.
- Focused on team success. Works well in a team environment. Assists team members in all areas to achieve successful sprints and retrospectively provides feedback for continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of the Agile scrum methodology and how to work within an agilescrum environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Requires minimum of 10 years of T-SQL database development experience utilizing the latest versions of Microsoft SQL Server. MySQL, SSIS, SSRS, a plus.
- Experience with an agile development methodology, preferably Scrum.
- Demonstrates strong technical judgment.
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.
- Experience in Casino Gaming industry preferred.