Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability. Develop database architectural strategies at the modelling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Microsoft APS, VERITAS, Shadowbase, Idera ,MYSQL ,MongoDB, Teradata, SQL server 2016/2014 , Windows 2012 R2, Hitachi SSD,VSP, Netapp, Doubletake/ Carbonite ,Hyper-V, SSRS/ SSIS/ SSAS ,Polybase, SQL Azure, Active Directory and Exchange 2010, Octopus, Automic, Attunity, Cognos. Crystal Reports.
- PDW and SSRS development experience.
- Experience with financial applications design using Microsoft APS, SQL servers.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, debugging and testing.
- Solid understanding of performance improvement solutions by analyzing execution plans and mentoring developers in SQL Server Financial Database best practices.
- Technical Lead for APS Replication, specializing in Real-Time Financial information.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
- Set up database clusters, backup, or recovery processes. Create and enforce database development standards.
- Develop and document database architectures. Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Monitor and report systems resource consumption trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriately. Document and communicate database schema, using accepted notations. Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance.
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
- Test changes to database applications or systems. Develop load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
- Provide technical support to junior staff or clients.
- Identify and correct deviations from database development standards. Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois