We are looking for Database Architect for our client in Columbia, MD
Job Title: Database Architect
Job Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Maintains database by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions.
Database Architect Job Duties:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database perf ormance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides databasesupport by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Database Architect Skills and Qualifications:
- Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Teamwork, Technical Zeal, Project Management, Presenting Technical Information, Training , Operating Systems
- Data Architectresponsibilities include:
- Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications
- We are looking for a Data Architect to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle is also required.
- Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R.)
- Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL, Oracle and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field