Buchanan Technologies is currently seeking a Database Architect in Hurst, Texas! The Database Architect will serve as the lead technical role responsible for leveraging decisions across the databaseinfrastructure. Job functions include planning, evaluating, and oversight of all database environments, processes, architecture and maintenance. Qualified candidates should have experience leveraging best practices while bridging the relationships between infrastructure and application database owners.
- Expertise in SQLdatabase design & architecture; v. 2008 R2 through 2014
- Security clearance requirements: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/GC holder
- SQLServer – design & architecture, advanced features and functionality including clustering, partitioning, compression, encryption
- SQL versions 2008 R2+ including 2012/2014
- Oracle RAC / clustering & file systems; very good to have
- Oracle versions 8-12c
- Strong scripting skills; PowerShell, Shell/Perl
- BI / ETL and analytics; good to have
- Knowledge of engineered Oracle systems good to have
- Migration form AIX to x86; good to have
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
- Work with application development staff to develop and enforce databasearchitectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Respond to and resolve database performance issues.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of data access and data quality across the organization via ongoing database support, maintenance and processes.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and leverage solutions
- 7-10+ years of experience with SQLdatabase platforms, including 2-3+ years’ experience working with Oracle.
- 7-10+ years of hands-on database tuning and troubleshootingexperience.
- 7-10+ years of working technical experience with developing, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte database environments.
- 7+ years of experience with multiple Operating Systems, including AIX, Windows & Linux.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current databasesoftware, protocols, and standards.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Evaluate and select database components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Standardize and support end-user practices and tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes.
- Knowledge of Various Infrastructure Frameworks including ITIL
- Strong Team Player with the ability to Develop and Foster Customer Service Orientated Working Relationships at ALL levels Internal and External to the IT Infrastructure Organization
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment