Title: Database Architect/Administrator
Location: Lindon, UT
The candidate is an experienced database architect who understands database and application architecture, with hands-on SQL Server/Oracle DBMS experience.
The Expertise We're Looking For
Must Haves: 8+ years or Oracle, 2+ years of SQL Server and, 2+ years of Data Modeling XP
The Purpose of the Role
* We are looking for a highly motivated database architect to join our team.
* This role is primarily looking at the existing Data models and fix any design shortcomings as well as design new Data models and databases.
* This role primarily will work with scrum teams and DBA's . The person will act as a liaison between Scrum teams and DBA's .
* This role will also be responsible to define Data governance and standards.
* Capable of defining and accomplishing major projects, participating in how data is defined, collected, used, and leveraged as an asset throughout the Enterprise,
* Must be able to implement tactical solutions while focusing on strategic enterprise-wide initiatives.
* 8+ years of broad DBMS experience with Oracle, SQL server. These skills include, but are not limited to PL/SQL and performance tuning. Big data and No SQL Db's experience is a plus.
* Maintain a high degree of expertise in the use of the tools and methodologies of data analysis, database administration, and PL/SQL development and performance analysis and tuning as well as providing assistance and training in the use of these tools and methodologies.
* Provide leadership in the areas real-time reporting architecture and design.
* Communicate at a business function level with technology personnel in both verbal and written communication.
* Maintain a high degree of expertise in the use of the tools and methodologies of data analysis, particularly repository and data modeling; as well as providing technical direction,
* assistance and training in the use of these tools and methodologies.
* Strong technical background of database architecture and data governance..
* Strong presentation, analytical and diagnostic skills
The Value that will be delivered
* Performing hands on technical DBA work including requirements gathering, data/database/ETL architecture analysis/design as part of database administration.
* Ability to identify and resolve database architecture issues that might impact ability to meet requirements. Define database standards to support multiple RDBMS on various operating systems.
* Ability to design and engineer high volume, business critical, high availability OLTP and OLAP applications.
* A deep understanding of technical database and development work, the impact of logical design decisions on the technical database and application infrastructures.