Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Create standards and develops modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance across multiple DB platforms and environments to include interaction with multiple databases.
- Ensure architecture supports future enhancements and system integration activities.
- Management of multiple disparate database environments, including managing data models, tables and schemas to store data across multiple applications environments
- Develop and maintain complex scripts/programs to support data computation, data loading, and data integration, to include future data integration activities
- Perform database management functions including resolving performance issues, making schema changes required for new functionality, and installing new releases and patches
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience in:
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) of data from disparate data sources and varied data inputs within Oracle 11g or higher
- Knowledge and Data Discovery (KDD), data exploration, data profiling and analysis of known and unknown data layouts
- 7 years of data provisioning for raw exports/imports, data staging, analysis and modeling
- 7 years of manual query development within Oracle PL/SQL
- 7 years of job and package setup for automation of ETL executions.
- 7 years of data analysis and design for KPI, conformed fields, business rules, metrics, calculated measures
- Data modeling and design for datasets and shared structures for reporting, data transfer, utilizing cross data source keys and fuzzy matching/algorithms
- Working knowledge of visualization and reporting tools
- Working knowledge of database administration for planning and design of ETL automated packages, scheduling, and monitoring
- Legacy system support, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning
- Database, table, field scripting for creation and maintenance of datasets and modeled data
- Data and package disaster recovery planning, implementation and testing.
- Data sizing estimation, planning
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting. Perl scripting experience desirable.
- Automation of job executions and monitoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active position of Public Trust clearance or higher
- US Citizenship is required in order to maintain required clearance
- Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining Oracle databases using Oracle enterprise software
- Experience with databases using M/MUMPS technology
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Experience working in a mission critical applications environment for a Federal Government customer is desirable
- Experience with healthcare applications and terminology, specifically supporting the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise with health IT interoperability standards such as DICOM, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Demonstrated understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges