Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure.
Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.Global Technology is responsible for developing leading technology to support our World Class Index Calculation and Dissemination Technology. At the heart of that technology are applications written in Core Java which uses MS SQL Server DB for data persistence. The ideal candidate will have significant experience writing, troubleshooting and optimizing MS-SQL Stored Procedures and DB performance (outside of the DBA role).
Typical Job Functions:
- Table / Field Design
- Stored Procedure Design and Troubleshooting
- Unit testing/verification of new development
- Work with QA Test analyst to ensure test coverage (Including Integration & Regression testing)
- Develops new program logic and/or assembles standard logic modules to create new applications.
- Works in a multidiscipline situation, across Architecture, QA and Testing, Network design and enterprise resource planning customizations. People refer locally to the principal on issues that seem ‘unsolvable’.
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience with RDB and sql server concepts (Could be MS or Oracle…)
- Experience and understand of Table Design concepts.
- Understands tools used to Code and Performance Tune SQL stored procs.
- Experience with Large data sets (greater than 10 million rows)
- MS SQL Server 2016 & Higher
- Good knowledge of Linux OS, shell scripting
- Strong scripting skills (python and/or Perl)
- Experience working on complex distributed information systems
- Experience with version control systems, preferably GIT.
- Preferred – Knowledge of Java, STLs, JDBC/ODBC.
- Preferred – Experience with Financial Markets (options a plus) & Quote/Trade Feeds
- Preferred – Working knowledge of various Financial Market data feeds
- Preferred – Working knowledge of index and options market
- Preferred – MS SQL Server Always On