We are looking for Database Application Developer for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: Database Application Developer
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will be responsible for developing the performance enhancements for client PEIMS System, which is a complex system handling agency’s legislatively mandated data collection needs and provides data for all agency program areas to calculate variety of metrics and statistics related to student and teacher outcomes.
- The duties of this position will require the Database Application Developer to: Develop/enhance software components related to client PEIMS to mainly improve performance of critical functionality of promoting and validating data;
- Develop/enhance Oracle stored procedures to achieve targeted performance metrics established by the business team;
- Unit test developed components; provide deployment and production support for the developed components; document issues found and report status;
- Perform advanced computer systems analysis work;
- Work under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment;
- Keep agency supervisor and management informed on issues and the status of work planned and completed by submitting weekly status reports
- 7Years of Experience in working the full Software Development Life Cycle in an Object-Oriented framework where team is transitioning to agile development practices.
- 7Years of Experience in designing, developing and implementing complex, large scale database applications or data warehouses.
- 7Years of Experience and knowledge in use of Oracle stored procedures, PL/SQL, Dynamic SQL, and Exception handling
- 7Years of Oracle 10g/11g/12c
- 7Years of Oracle Stored Procedures
- 7Years of Experience in performance improvement and tuning of large scale enterprise applications.
- 2Years of Experience or working knowledge of Java based applications, or other OO software development.
- 3Years of Experience working in an Agile development environment, planning and participating in sprints.
- 1Years of Experienceworking with TEA applications.
- 1Years of Experience in reports development.
- 3Years of Experience with software change management and version management tools