Manage and maintain the University of New England’s the Raiser’s Edge database of nearly 70,000 records in support of all fundraising and constituent engagement activities. This position is responsible for effectively organizing and integrating all information related to Institutional Advancement’s varied functions and training new and existing staff members how to effectively utilize the Raiser’s Edge.
• Maintains database integrity with on-going clean-up projects, checks for proper usage, data accuracy and consistency.
• Trains new and existing staff members on the Raiser’s Edge database.
• Develops ongoing training opportunities for the Raiser’s Edge “super users”.
• Create, update and distribute the Raiser’s Edge training manuals, segmented by job responsibility for the various users.
• Assist with the development of detailed Raiser’s Edge policies and procedures, and enforce and maintain them, as needed.
• Perform a variety of queries, reports, exports, imports, global adds, changes and deletions to maintain optimal Raiser’s Edge functionality as it relates to the goals of the Institutional Advancement office.
• Complete a wide range of lists throughout the year for various mailings and events.
• Performs imports of alumni, parents and other imports in the Raiser’s Edge as necessary.
• Maintain relationship between the Raiser’s Edge and UNE Connect through weekly imports, as well as larger imports after each graduation period (May, August, December).
• Create custom reports, dashboards and exports for Institutional Advancement staff members as requested or proactively.
• Assist Director of Advancement Services and Institutional Advancement Gifts Specialist with the scholarship tracking process through input of student data into the Raiser’s Edge.
• Serve as backup gift entry personnel when Gifts Specialist is out for extended period or during heavy gift volume.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues, communicating with Blackbaud or IT to develop solutions when necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with 3-5 years related experience with computers and database management or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Crystal Reports preferred.
• Experience with Banner preferred.
• Administrative experience in higher education or non-profit environment preferred.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with database users at all levels within the Institutional Advancement office, as well as a variety of users in other University departments.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
• An understanding of and preference for collaborative approaches to problem solving.
• Flexibility, ability to multi-task and juggle priorities.
• Familiarity with Development profession, especially report writing, prospect management and alumni records.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 20160234P