We are looking for Database Analyst for our client in Salem, OR
Job Title: Database Analyst
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database[s].
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least six years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- This resource will work closely with Technical Resources, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to define test data requirements and develop data masking solutions.
- The primary responsibility for this position is to champion test data automation for test data creation, modification, movement, and governance, sanitization, provisioning and facilitating testing.
- This effort will include documenting existing and new databases, creating logical data models and data dictionaries, Using processes and methodologies for creating, maintaining, and using high quality test data across multiple systems.
- Setting up and maintaining test environments, obfuscating, and loading test data in the test environments, designing quality test scripts and test data in concert with Business and IT, reporting on quality, and managing data quality issues.
Essential Job functions and Responsibilities:
- Document current databases, create logical data models and data dictionaries
- Map existing Legacy database elements with the new database elements
- Support development of various test environments, test plans and test schedules
- Establish test data quality methodology to help ensure the integrity of the test data
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain standardization schemes and test data quality processes
- Monitor test data quality; work with Data Stewards to recommend corrective action, as needed
- Act as focal point for quality issues related to the test data
- Support definition of baseline Data Quality metrics & certification from ISPO
- Manage Test Data with Business Analysts (BA) and Data Stewards
- Work withinternal and external partners including ISPO to define requirements for Quality test data
- Ensure test data quality findings are communicated to data owners, data stewards, and other stakeholders
- Monitor, report, and identify opportunities for improvement of test data
- Obfuscate and Load test data in the test environments
- Coordinate the loading of test data across multiple systems
- Define processes and methodologies to keep the test data coordinated across multiple systems
- Define the process to load and age the test data across multiple systems
- Perform data analysis to support the creation and implementation of an enterprise test data strategy.
- Participate in the development of data requirements from functional requirements and process definitions.
- Participate in testing
- Gather test data requirements from project/testing teams, review scenarios and conditions required for the test data, data verification and validation in downstream systems.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Proactively develop tools / scripts / templates to improve efficiency / productivity of team
- Liaison with Technical resources and business analysts to understand the test data requirements & seeking clarity
- Holistic understanding of multi-tiered IT systems
- Software Development Lifecycle and Agile principles / practices
- Fundamental understanding of various forms of testing and test automation practices
- Emphasis on test data usage and automation, including data sanitization and test data synthesis
- 10 plus years of experienceworking with Tier-1 databases
- 10 plus years of data analysis experience
- 8 plus years of experience in test data management life cycle & test data governance
- 8 plus years of experience defining, creating and obfuscating test data
- 8 plus years of experience documenting databases, creating logical data models and data dictionaries
- Well-versed in Data Quality methodology
- Expertise with setting-up test data utilities
- Strong experience writing complex database queries and stored procedures
- Strong data migration experience including ETL processes
Required professional competencies:
- Methodical with great attention to detail
- Good technical knowledge, strong understanding of database concepts and ability to write complex database queries
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Flexibility and the Ability to adapt to a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in concise terms to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experienced communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Technical knowledge regarding data models, data flow diagrams and database design development
- Escalates issues / risks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Data Masking, Ad-hoc Data generation, Synthetic data generation
- Proficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills