data to provide strategic, actionable insights and recommendations that enable Reed to grow revenue, attract and retain customers, and sell and market effectively. Success in this role is based upon the incumbent’s ability to understand our brands and customers and apply business analytics to overcome challenges and grow our brands. This is not an IT position, however experience with relational databases and query-building tools is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Work collaboratively with Event marketing and sales leaders to undertand the market potential and penetration within each of our industries and then develop customer acquisition and retention strategies that drive growth
- 2. Leverage a variety of data sources and applications to analyze customer and event trends and opportunities
- 3. Translate complex analyses and insights into management-friendly reports and recommendations
- 4. Demonstrate actionable insights in post-event analysis
- 5. Segment and manage target audience clusters aligned with event growth goals; monitor and measure their responsiveness throughout the sales and marketing cycle; recommend course corrections and strategic opportunities based on analyses.
- 6. Support ongoing sales and marketing campaigns by providing customer lists and ad-hoc reports in a timely manner
- 7. Work seamlessly with Analyst team to share responsibilities and support overall departmental goal
- 8. Support efforts to introduce and utilize advanced segmentation routines, such as modeling and regression analysis, to improve sales and marketing effectiveness
- 9. Work with RX Management, Event and Partner teams to drive and deliver new data-related capabilities in support of RX regional and worldwide growth initiatives.
- 10. Expected to operate and utilize standardized department documents and templates
- 11. Plan and manage daily productivity schedules; share progress reports regularly
- · Experience in marketing analytics and segmentation required
- · 2+ years hands-on experience using relational databases and database management software required
- · BS or BA in Marketing or Database-related field required
- · Intermediate-level query writing skillset in SQL Server 2008 required
- · Experience with statistical tools such as SPSS or SAS a plus
- · Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Powerpoint and Access
- · Excellent written and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- · Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred but not required