Defines and oversees database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. Advises applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases. Ensures economic and efficient availability of data within adequate safeguards. Designs and implements databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Develops and maintains expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation. Develops, maintains and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes. Participates as a leader and as a team member, and works to maintain a positive environment. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience
- ECA-IIP/EX/IT manages all ECA and IIP Enterprise Oracle databases. All databases are at version 11g or 12c and are hosted on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008, both physical and virtual servers, in the DEVNET and OpenNet Plus networks, as well as the DMZ.
- · The management of the databases includes ensuring availability, performance monitoring and tuning, maintenance, upgrade opera- tions, backup/recovery operations, data migration/loads, and SQL and PL/SQL coding in support of custom application development and database operations.
- Extensive experience and a solid understanding in administering complex database architectures of Oracle 11g/12c in the Windows Environment.
- · Experience creating databases from design models and building physical environments.
- · Experience designing, developing, testing, documenting, deploying/implementing and tuning Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Languages code.
- Extensive experience with data migration and data loads, often from non-Oracle sources.
- · Knowledge of Real Applications Clusters, Data Guard, Flashback technology, Recovery Manager, and Oracle Enter- prise Manager.
• Experience with TOAD and ERWIN
Oracle Certified DBA certification preferred (versions 10g, 11g, or 12c).
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.