POSITION SUMMARY: Design, configure and administer mission critical Microsoft SQL installations. Provide consultation to Business, assessing appropriate technology solutions.
Provide technical expertise for the design, configuration and maintenance of new Microsoft SQL database systems. Perform feasibility and performance studies, benchmark, capacity planning, provide systems recommendations to meet user needs, including system configurations and installation planning. Provide support to deliver the solution.
Provide ongoing post-implementation support for Microsoft SQL database systems to include break/fix, ongoing maintenance and upgrades – during any shift, working directly with vendors as needed.
Maintain appropriate level of documentation related to projects, change and problem management as well as systems configuration.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Five plus years experience in Information Technology – Microsoft SQL database design and support.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, SSRS, DTS packages, BIDS/SSDT-BI/Data Tools, table indexing and data access optimization techniques, Always On Availability Groups, and Replication
• Advanced technical troubleshooting and data analysis and issue resolution skills
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work closely with team members and other functional organizations