We are looking for a Mid to Senior-Level MS SQL/Aurora/MySQL Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Infrastructure Platform Engineering team. This position is based out of our Norcross office. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role will include owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests. Additional responsibilities include reviewing service related reports on a daily basis to ensure issues are resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts, and working with peers to come up with strategic solutions. This position will help support database design and implementation of projects to enhance the database platform so it can meet the ever growing needs of the CareerBuilder website. This position requires knowledge in the theory and practical application of SQL Server 2012/2016, AWS Aurora, MySQL RDBMS architecture, database design, and query tuning.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed and flexible with excellent communication skills. Candidates should also have good architecture skills, strong Windows/SQL clustering skills, and excellent problem solving skills working with database migrations.
Your primary DBA responsibilities will be:
- Designing, architecting, and maintaining MS SQL Server and AWS Aurora MySQL solutions for an N-tier 24x7 high volume production environment
- Manage system issues, upgrades, performance tuning, backup/recovery, and replication
- Perform Data Migration using approved tools and process
- Manage and support company's BI and Data Warehouse environment
- Configuring/extending our custom, PowerShell based SQL Server monitoring infrastructure
- Full Lifecycle management of SQL Server and Aurora/MySQL implementations in a clustered/replicated/virtualized/cloud (AWS) environment
- Incident and Problem management
- User requests and issues management
Some of the technologies you will be using are:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- AWS Aurora and/or MySQL, RDS, DMS, EC2 and S3
- Windows Server 2012/2012R2/2016
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- SQL Server SSIS (Integration services)
- Windows Clustering
- SQL Server Transactional Replication
- SQL Server System Tables/DMVs/DMFs
- T-SQL and Powershell scripting
- Must have an Enterprise proactive vision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong analytical skills
- 4-year College Degree
- 5-7 years of solid SQL Server or Aurora/MySQL DBA experience in a high-volume, replicated/clustered/cloud environment
- Experience troubleshooting SQL Server and Replication using system tables/DMVs
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL Server or Aurora/MySQL performance issues via query window
- Excellent T-SQL skills
- Experience tuning SQL for optimal performance
Benefits-We're All About You!
When you're focused on the goal, not the path – you can be more flexible, and that translates into more productive and satisfied employees. From flexible hours to volunteering during work hours to diverse education opportunities, CareerBuilder is committed to helping employees strike a balance.
Here are just some benefits we offer:
- Training that positions you to hit the ground running with ongoing learning and development courses; we never stop investing in our people.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Education Reimbursement Program allowing up to $5k per year towards completion of a Bachelor's and non-MBA graduate degree, and up to $10K per year towards completion of an MBA
- Global Wellness initiatives to promote financial, mental and physical health and well-being
- 401(k) Program with a two year vesting schedule, discretionary match, and an opportunity to make Pretax and Roth contributions