Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center.
Montefiore IT is a dynamic company that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The Database Administrator will have overall responsibility that entails managing all aspects of Oracle and MS SQL database for Business and Financial Systems. The incumbent performs database administration activities, create SSIS packages, create and maintain SQL server cubes, create and execute diagnostic scripts to assist with the good health of the team suite of applications. Routine use of Transactional SQL to promote the good health of the application database.
- Manage, modify, and administer existing databases.
- Install, patch, and maintain database software.
- Test new database software and upgrades to be put into production.
- Responsible for database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Work with the systems administrators to develop optimal hardware and software configurations.
- Analyze database data, and make recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of data storage and other database features.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, and creation of new databases that meet user and business needs.
- Address special performance considerations and other issues by collaborating with the developers during the preliminary database design stages.
- Perform data modeling and optimize the data schemas.
- Write and analyze DML code used for adding, querying, and modifying of data.
- Assist and coach developers in writing scripts so that they are optimized for efficiency and abide by best practices standards.
- Monitor and administer RDBMSsecurity for compliance with data security policies and procedures.
- Compartmentalize components for access security.
- 3-5 years of IT experience
- 3-5 years of experience in SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- 3-5 years of experience in developing complex queries and stored procedures
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Proficient in SQL database management tools
- Expertise in application software: Microsoft Office, Visio, Erwin
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Excellent Communications and Writing Skills
- Ability to Document Policies and Procedures
- Experience with large-scale database application development and maintenance
- Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting custom or vendor applications.
- Experience with EPIC Clarity, Caboodle is a plus
- Experience working with Crystal Reports
- Ability to design and write operational reports
- Experience with data transformations
- Some hardware/server, application installations experience is a plus
- Ability to implement and maintain end user reporting, dashboard and business intelligence solutions
Bachelors Degree OR Relevant work/Field experiencerequired
Oracle/MS SQL Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional a plus
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM
Req ID: 98685