At XPO Logistics, we know that state-of-the-art technology drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Database Administrator, you will be responsible for troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions and monitoring the effectiveness of the databases that keep XPO running smoothly. If you love a challenge and have a competitive spirit fueled by achievement, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Design, install, configure, support and manage SQL servers and databases in clustered and standalone environments
- Identify and resolve performance problems within the databases and operating systems
- Work closely with our Development Teams, offering best practices for optimal code development
- Implement database backup and recovery configurations that meet/exceed our customer specifications
- Perform upgrades and patches to SQL server databases
- Proactively manage database support issues and take corrective actions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of database administration experience with SQL Server (version 2012 minimum)
- An understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience with SQL server clustering, availability groups, replication and log shipping
- SSAS, SSIS and SSRS experience
- Expert capabilities in SQL server performance tuning and query
- Experience using monitoring tools and setting proper alerting thresholds
- Strong understanding of relational data modeling
- Expert knowledge in T-SQL
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience with SQL Server on Linux Operating Systems
- Some experience with versions of SQL Server above version 2012
- Microsoft Azure experience
- OLAP cubes and MDX development experience.