WWT is currently looking for experienced Data Scientists, Architects, Analysts, and Engineers to join our Data Analytics team. Join this passionate team of industry-leading technologists supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Northern Virginia and nationwide!
As a member of our team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP Agents and Officers protect our national security and borders through coordinated border security, customs, immigration, and agricultural law enforcement activities.
Our teams thrive in a culture of constant innovation and we are seeking individuals who can bring forward-leaning, creative ideas to solve complex technical and procedural problems. The ability to quickly adapt and work constructively across a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you'll get to do:
- Help shape the future of how some of the nation's most complex and challenging data are used to enhance national security and protect the lives of Agents, Officers, and those entering the country.
- Provide high-level architectural guidance, technical innovation, and analytical expertise to teams across CBP.
- Champion all aspects of data architecture, analytic methodology, and visualization functions including engineering standards, governance processes, and providing vision and context to explore and effectively utilize emerging technologies.
- Serve as a data and technology expert across a broad and diverse set of mission critical applications.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations, retrospectives and solution releases.
- Analyze project-related problems and create innovative solutions involving technology, analytic methodologies, and advanced solution components.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria will include but not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- 5+ years of professional and/or academic experience working on complex data challenges in the areas of data architecture and engineering, data science, data analysis and visualization, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or related discipline.
- Strong software development background using Agile or DevOps methods and deep familiarity with cloud-native technologies.
- College degree (B.S.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline. (Industry and/or Academic experience is acceptable in lieu of degree.)
You are good at:
- Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting creativity and resourcefulness.
- Helping customers and mission users conceptualize and prioritize their data analysis and visualization needs.
- Evaluating existing data sets and reporting architectures to identify strategic gaps and apply modern technologies to creatively achieve superior mission outcomes.
- Applying your skills in development languages like Python and R to create or augment business and operational intelligence tools to detect trends, patterns, and non-obvious relationships in large, complex, and disparate data sets.
- Collaborating with teams across the organization to help prioritize competing analytic needs and incrementally develop new and optimized capabilities.
- Leading across teams and organizations as a responsible, team-oriented individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and work ethic.