At Universal Studios Hollywood (USH), our purpose is to create and deliver content so compelling it entertains, informs, and shapes the world. The Database Administrator is a member of the USH IT Infrastructure Application Platform team that represents the larger global standards under the Universal Parks & Resorts Parks Technology umbrella. As the DBA, the ideal candidate will be responsible for building and managing relationships with business and IT leaders and staff to help guide and influence the strategic positioning of database technologies and ensure alignment with business and UPT priorities. Under the direction of the Director of IT Infrastructure, the DBA will be responsible for overseeing the successful design, delivery, and administration towards a databaseinfrastructure that is highly-available, scalable, and performance optimized. This position is located in Universal City, CA.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in related field or equivalent work experiencerequired
• 3-5 years’ experience in installing, configuring, tuning and managing the various recent versions of SQL Server (2017, 2016. 2014, etc.).
• Intimate familiarity and exposure to PCI/PII settings required.
• Database design skills are required, as well as database support in performance tuning, database troubleshooting, RDBMS patching, and locks detection.
• Working experience on SSES, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS services
• Working and administering of Windows and T-SQL and shell scripting.
• Experience performing needs assessment, database planning, design, application testing and integration, production cutover, change management and 24x7 support as needed.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
• Knowledge of operating inter-relationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with other RDBS or other database technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SAP, etc. is a plus
• Development and/or scripting language experience (e.g., PowerShell, .Net, java, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus
• Third Party vendor management experience is a plus
• Experience with System Center Operations Manager 2012 is a plus
• Experience with Solarwinds is a plus
• Experience with containerization technologies and methodologies is a plus
• Automated deployment of SQL server and databases is a plus