As a Database Administrator for the North America Biometrics Programs team located in Reston, Virginia, you will perform tasks as a member of the DBA team for a national biometrics system. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally, working with minimal supervision. In addition, you will work at the prime contractor site (Arlington, VA) once clearance is granted.
- Monitor the performance of and administer databases for a national biometric system.
- Ensure 24/7 availability, performance, backup, recovery and security of the databases.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and fix database production issues.
- Design and implement database infrastructure, including performance monitoring, capacity planning, and automation of database related processes.
- Develop Oracle scripts, DBMS jobs, stored procedures and functions to replicate data to the backup databases, purge old data from log tables.
- Test and deploy patches and security updates.
- Help develop and implement migration strategies.
- Work directly with customers and provide technical assistance and support when needed.
- Independently trouble shoot system issues and establish call bridges with appropriate personnel to ensure the databases restored to proper operating condition and all efforts are documented from start to closure.
- Support development efforts, using your knowledge of data structures and programming languages to help the team develop and integrate new features and improvements.
- Be part of after-hours on-call support
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Software Engineering; Computer and Information Sciences or other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines or related technical discipline OR a minimum of six (6) years’ of directly relevant experience