Database Administrator - SQL Server
Less than 5 years experience • Consulting
Global, fast-growing and award-winning technology firm seeks a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) experienced in the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of databases.
The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansions requirements. They may also plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
· Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
· Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up and recovery specifications
· Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements
· Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
· Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems
· Provides information by answering questions and requests
· Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
· Contributes t to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Successful candidates will possess the following skills, education and experience:
· 3+ years of MS SQL Server administration, installation and troubleshooting concepts
· Experience building/working on a data warehouse
· Strong knowledge of relational database programming concepts
· Knowledge of T-SQL queries and scripting
· Good understanding of risks involved with running queries on production systems
· Knowledge of MS SQL Server backup and recovery methods
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail and adherence to established processes
· Good project and time management skills
· Understanding of MS SQL Server in a clustered environment
· Proficiency in MS SQL Server Management Studio
· Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
· Desire to succeed, grow skill sets, and a positive attitude
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience
To apply for this position directly please visit the following link:
Why Work With Linium?
Looking for a job is difficult; we’re here to make it easier for you. How? We search for opportunities in our extensive database of openings, schedule interviews, and follow up with employers, opening doors and saving you valuable time. We help perfect your resume, sharpen your interviewing skills, and guide you through the complex hiring process. We have the flexibility and technology to work with you on your schedule, day or night, in person or online. We always treat you with the care and respect you deserve. And we don’t stop until you succeed, which means finding not just any job, but the right job.
Visit us at or on , , , , or
CONFIDENTIAL | COMPASSIONATE | COMPLIMENTARY SERVICES
Linium is a proud winner of & Named by Forbes as One of
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Linium will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.