Database Administrator Specialist
Our global database team at Nasdaq is looking for an experienced MySQL DBA to join now.
Manages the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure within an organization, including the physical Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades server applications and hardware. Required to have knowledge and understanding of Nasdaq data and how it relates to database systems. Management of systems in such a way as to leverage the existing technologies, improvement of the system as a whole. Close collaboration with network, systems, storage, and development teams.
This individual designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions toinformation technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systemsarchitecture,network systems and applicationsinfrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Maintains multiple database management systems in database design, testing implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment contributing to policy and procedure development.
- Under limited supervision, maintains and monitors database utilities, the relationships between the database users and applications, uses query languages in order to design required summary or aggregation tables to support analyses.
- Under limited supervision, reviews functional requirements to resolve issues related to information flow and content.
- Under limited supervision, maintains database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and backup procedures.
- Under limited supervision, analyzes, designs, creates and implements databases, including data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas, access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in Computer Science, MIS or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- ExperienceRequired: At least 6 years in MySQL, Sybase also a consideration
- Financial services a plus
- Special Qualifications: Database certifications preferred