Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 46 days ago
Database Administrator (Senior) (Job Number:438443)
Database Administrator (senior)
SAIC has openings for top talent to join our SETA to assist an Intelligence Community customer in the Northern Virginia area.
Overall Assignment Description:
The Senior-level Database Administrator (DBA) works with software and determines ways to organize and store data. They are responsible for the creation, maintenance, backup, querying, tuning, user rights administration, and security of business and mission databases.
- Identifies user requirements for business and mission databases, sets-up, tests and coordinates necessary modifications to database systems.
- Understands the platform on which the database runs and ensures the performance of the database system.
- Plans and coordinates security measures -data integrity, backup systems, and database security.
- Provides technical expertise in the use of the Database Management System (DBMS).
- Defines file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
- Oversees the work of Mid-, and Junior-level contractor DBAs.
- Assists with managing database projects.
- Coordinates changes, tests, and provides implementation approaches for databases and database management systems.
- Plans, coordinates, and recommends security measures to safeguard databases.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Qualified candidates must have a current TS/SCI level clearance with active Counterintelligence polygraph.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Typically 14+ to 18 years
- Senior-level working experience in database administration.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator - DB2 10.1 for Linux, Unix and Windows
- IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 10.1 for Linux, Unix, and Windows]
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator Certified Professional
- MCSA SQL Server 2012
- MCSE Data Platform Solutions
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, within Database Administration.