The Qualys SaaS platform is database centric and relies heavily on Oracle technology to deliver our 24x7 service to our customers worldwide. This individual (DBA) is primarily responsible for keeping the Oracle systems running across our many worldwide platforms. DBA will be working closely with Development/Engineering, DBA, Networking, Support teams and Worldwide Customers to provide 24x7 Support for Qualys production applications to improve the service through database optimizations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying the bottle-necks and performance tuning.
- Responsible for integrity and security of the database.
- Monitoring performance and managing configuration parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Installation and testing of new databases as well as patching of existing live databases.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
This position will report to the Director (Operations). Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years of extensive experience managing Oracle databases.
- Extensive experience with Oracle 10g, 11i, 12c
- Extensive experience with Oracle technologies like ASM, VPD, table space encryption, RAC, dataguard, etc.
- Should have extensive knowledge of Oracle diagnostic, monitoring and troubleshooting tools to identify database performance bottlenecks, and take appropriate corrective actions to improve database performance.
- Extensive experience in database support in performance tuning, databasetroubleshooting, RDBMS patching, and locks detection.
- Knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints).
- Solid knowledge in Oracle security practices.
- Knowledge of operating interrelationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
- Understand hot and cold backup planning.
- Familiarity with real time data synchronization.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Must be able to work with multiple groups to resolve data issues.
- Must have experience of working in mid to large size production environment.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 on-call customer facing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS environment a big plus.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Should have a valid passport.
- Must be able to work in a cross cultural environment.