This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on providing development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation of applications.
Description of Work:
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
- Provide advice and support to development resources
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Support the current standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience, Master’s degree and 13 years of experience, or 19 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience administration of PostgreSQL databases include:
- Experience in managing backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability.
- Creating users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Planning and coordinating system upgrades.
- Performing capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects.
- Managing Disaster Recovery environment.
- Identifying and resolving incidents and address to user problems/concerns.
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL architecture.
- Minimum of 3 years of collaboration with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of implementation of automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status (Green Card Holder) required