The Payz development team has an immediate opening for a qualified Database Administrator. Candidates for the position should have experience with enterprise level database development and administration in an Internet environment. Candidates should have experience with multiple database platforms. Candidates should also have excellent organizational, research and communication skills.
- Design and architect enterprise-based data systems in both Windows and Linux environments
- Develop, implement and maintain database and data warehouse systems
- Performance tune to ensure maximum performance given budgetary constraints
- Secure data systems and define and/or implement access to data
- Ensure maximum uptime of data nodes and warehouses
- Create and test backup processes for recoverability of DB nodes and warehouses
The person may also be assigned additional projects dependant upon his or her ability and experience.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years work experience in the following areas:
- Database administration in a Unix environment
- Internet / ecommerce database usage and warehousing
- Enterprise database system design with MySQL
- Experience working with various database-scriptinglanguages such as T-SQL, etc.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge in the following areas of work:
- Experience working with alternate enterprise data systems such as MS SQL and/or PostGreSQL
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows-based operating systems
- 5+ years experience with large-scale web server data delivery and data warehousing
- Job position will begin immediately
- The position is for full-time, salaried employment
- Developer will work on site during regular business hours
- Pay rate is dependent upon experience