We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Oracle Database Administrator
to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The candidate will work as a member of TASPD Oracle DBA team focused on Oracle RDBMS database administration (DBA). The candidate will design, install, implement, manage, and maintain Oracle databases supporting enterprise modernization initiatives.
• 24/7 Production support for mission critical systems
• Install, configure, implement, and administrator Oracle RDBMS RAC instances
• Conduct database capacity planning
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases.
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify and document data model and application requirements
• Collaborate and work with other platform/teams such Unix/Linux, Amazon Cloud Migration for resource allocation, integration, and service consumption
• Production DBA experience with ability to work with Development teams on DB architecture and design
• Experience administering Oracle 12c RAC Exadata/ZDLRA.
• Oracle Golden Gate
• Strong proficiency in Oracle RDBMS database management in Linux
• Strong command of structured query languages (Oracle SQL, ANSI-SQL)
• Strong command administering database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Experience with Oracle Data Guard replication
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex technical problems
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiarity with other databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
Additional Good to have skills:
• Experience or knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
• Previous programming experience (plsql, shell, java)
• Experience with web services and integration development
• Some experience with data-centric cloud services (Azure or AWS)
• Experience with single-sign-on (SSO) connections
• BS and 10 years relevant experience or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of experience as Oracle DBA
• US citizenship, need to be able to pass the CBP/DHS BI process
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting theFederal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform theway government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2018-4991