our Key Responsibilities
- Providing support for Oracle Applications upgrades.
- Problem management [i.e., problem identification, management and resolution]
- Patch analysis and patch application
- Performance monitoring and tuning of Databases, Oracle Application Servers and E-business Software.
- Database Backup and Recovery.
- Planning, Testing and Performing software upgrades.
- Assisting with database loads and data conversion activities.
- Cloning and supporting environments.
- Service request resolution.
- Supporting and enhancing Stantec's High Availability Architecture and disaster recovery operations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Sound understanding of database fundamentals with Database Backup and Recovery, partitioning and security.
- Ability to use Oracle database (11g, 12c) and Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
- Experience with RHEL Linux, experience working with other Operating systems such as Itanium, AIX or Solaris would be an asset.
- Experience in shell scripting, PL/SQL, Perl or Python programming will be considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; this position requires a high degree of involvement participating in meetings and regularly communicating to various stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing Oracle Database Administrator support.
Minimum of 2 years’ providing Oracle E-Business Suite support in a UNIX environment, working with Oracle E-Business suite versions R12, and Oracle 11g and 12c.
Post-secondary degree in Information Technology or related field. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
Oracle Certification would be an asset.