A global Investment Bank is currently hiring a Database Administrator to play a key role delivering hands-on implementation of Oracle and SQL Server solutions as part of several financial services projects.
The candidate will insure that Oracle and SQL Server databases are deployed and maintained using enterprise architecture standards and application requirements.
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a database administrator with Oracle 11g and 12c on Unix (AIX) and Linux (RHEL) and SQL Server 2005 thru 2016
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC and SQL Server Always-ON, Oracle Data Guard and SQL Server Mirroring/Log Shipping
- Experienced implementation of backup/recovery, disaster recovery and high availability solution
- Experience Quest TOAD, Embarcadero dbArtisan and Oralce’s Enterprise Manager
- Experienced creating/documenting Unix shell scripts and/or Windows PowerShell scripts
- Understanding of virtualization concepts, especially VMWare and Red Hat Virtualization
- Understanding of SAN and NAS solutions (EMC and NetApp), including array based replication