Architects, develops, and administers secure, high-performing, resilient database systems. Maintains appropriate policies and procedures. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance operations Monitors, and resolves database security, performance, and scaling issues.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases in conjunction with development and production teams.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures. Design and implement resilient, highly-available systems, monitoring/alerting, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of assets.
- Research and recommend database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones. Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Design and implement backup and maintenance plans for production systems
- Respond to and resolve database security, access, and performance issues. Monitor database system details/ diagnostics within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical storage for systems. Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs. Including trend identification and growth forecasting
- Perform database transaction and security audits. Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems and from on-premises data centers to AWS
- 3 years plus of experience in Database Administration of Microsoft SQL Server
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Information Systems, Computer Science
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with architecting, building, installing, configuring and maintaining (patching and upgrading) large-scale, highly available production database servers and systems.
- Hands-on database performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques and documentation
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- AWS database experience with RDS and/or EC2
- Migration of on-premises databases to AWS
- Professional exposure to alternate database solutions (e.g., Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- High-level scripting language
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices