The Database Administrator I will be responsible for managing all databases throughout the organization’s HIPAA-regulated environment. This individual will manage data warehouse activities and work closely with Business Analysts to create data models and reports across all audiences within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage all database activities throughout the entire IT infrastructure including, but not limited to, installing, configuring, monitoring, troubleshooting,
upgrading, migrating, performance fine-tuning, performing back-up and restoring all databases.
• Assist in collecting business requirements to map out the conceptual and logical database design and translate the designs into specific data models
for reporting and analytics purposes.
• Continually build and maintain a data warehouse that extracts, transforms and loads data (ETL) from various sources.
• Create database documentation, including but not limited to procedures and definitions for data mapping and modeling.
• Create, monitor and troubleshoot EDI and HL7 interfaces.
• Develop and maintain database automation processes and jobs.
• Work closely with System Administrators, Network Administrators, IT Automation Engineers and IT Architect to ensure database uptime.
• Work closely with data programmers and analysts, ensuring data models and reports integrity and security.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science or five-plus years of relevant work experience.
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years progressive responsibility in managing Microsoft SQL Database platform including – but not limited to –
Database engine, SSRA, SSIS and SSAS, preferably in a healthcare environment. Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or MongoDB is a plus.
• High proficiency with SQL, TSQL, and stored procedures.
• Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, enterprise virtualization platforms, storage platforms and networking is a plus.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluency in other languages are an asset.