Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Coordinates the data administration technical function for both data warehouse development and maintenance.
- Plans and oversees the technical transitions between development, testing, and production phases of the workplace.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers.
- Establishes processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
- Expand and improves data warehouse to include data from all functions of the organization using data manipulation, transformation, and cleansing tools.
- Create and manage databases, files, and user accounts.
- Respond to requests for ad-hocdatabase administration, maintenance, and problem support as the need arises provide expertise Oracle database engineering with knowledge in the use SQL Plus tools.
- Write scripts, triggers, and stored procedures using Structured Query Language’s in both Transact SQL and PL/SQL.
- Manage the Oracle Data Guard replication, create and maintain replication tables, perform subscription materialization, define data server functions, establish replication functions, manage warm standby applications, maintain routes, maintain and manage database connections, handle errors and exceptions, recover databases, and reconcile database inconsistencies.
- Analyze and support the installation and configuration of new Oracle versions.
- Install, configure, start/stop, upgrade, monitor, manage, and otherwise maintain the Oracle products RMAN, RAC, Grid, and RDMS.
- Diagnose problems with Oracle products listed above utilizing Oracles error and master logs and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Create databases using the Oracle DBMS.
- Backup and restore database
- Administer the security procedures defined.
- Advise about logical database design and develop the physical database design.
- Support the development of applications and the migration of legacy databases into Oracle by advising developers in logical design, creating database objects, optimizing procedures, writing scripts, and loading, extracting, and converting data.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Oracle or Microsoft Certifications
Experience using Oracle 11g and above
Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above
4+ Years with BS or +2 Years with MS
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 15% of the tim