You're a great fit if:
- You are experienced in preserving and archiving digital evidence using forensic best practices.
- You like conducting digital forensic investigations in adherence with DEA and industry standards
- You're passionate about investigative legal procedures and emerging technologies to advance digitalinvestigations
You'll love our position if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 3-5 years of databaseexperience and are able to provide technical expertise to extract evidence from proprietary pharmaceutical databases and create standardized reporting templates.
- You are able to manipulate flat files, back-ups, and archives to extract required information.
- You are able to restoring databases and database services to virtual machines for further analyses. This may include configuration of Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) services, network configuration, and other system services in order to re-create a functional platform.
- You are able to obtain access to data and conduct SQL queries to extract information for export into consumable formats (Word, PDFs, Excel, etc)
- You understand how to successfully perform the following tasks: recover deleted files and other system artifacts; decrypt password protected data files; perform forensic keyword searches; analyze and interpret various data to provide technically accurate forensic results; and query, extract, and report data from relational databases found on suspect media while maintaining data integrity
- You have a Bachelor's degree in related field to computer science from an accredited University and an active Secret clearance
We'll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have experiencesupporting many different database technologies
- You are a member of the Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE) and are familiar with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation standards for forensic crime laboratories
- You have demonstrated experience conducting research and development to identify new methods of forensic data extraction and preservation.
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with a team of digital forensic experts to do conduct investigations in support of DEA
- You'll also provide subject matter expertise in database administration and data manipulation
- You'll provide queries in formats which can be consumed by forensic analysts in support of their investigations