Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.
- Ensure production data availability, integrity and performance of cloud-hosted MongoDB databases.
- Work with Development and SRE teams to facilitate deploy-related database changes, migrations, etc.
- Support Development, QA and SRE teams to drive performance and best practices in data engineering, ensuring data solutions are designed properly and optimized for production from the ground up.
- Manage the deployment, configuration, health, and performance of database instances across Dev, QA, UAT and Production
- Migrate data from self-hosted mongo instances into managed mongo services like Atlas data.
- Design and implement backup and recovery procedures for databases in every environment.
- Act as a global change arbiter, ensuring any and all changes to customer databases are properly implemented, documented, and tested in accordance with rigorous standards for data integrity.
- Continuously improve availability and recovery metrics: Time to Detect and Time to Recover database related incidents.
- Implement world-class processes/tools for Monitoring/Observability, DPA
- Setup alerts, DB performance checks with a High Signal/Noise Ratio for #on-call
- 7+ years of experience supporting MongoDB databases in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience working with RDBMS databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience setting up performance monitoring, query tracing and profiling for MongoDB
- Worked with an on-call team with proper tools, alerting, DPA, opsgenie/pagerduty etc
- Extensive experience writing SQL and MQL queries, scripts.
- Understands InfoSec, Data Privacy, Data Federation, and Compliance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Medable, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.