Little Rock, AR
Industry: IT Consulting/Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 247 days agoby Gagan Kapoor
Position Title: Database Administrator
Position Number: 278004
Location: Little Rock, AR
Desired Skill Set:
Data Warehouse, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL DBA, SQL Server, SSIS
Role: ACIC SQL DBA (DBA3 SC2)
Location: Little Rock, AR 72201
The DBA is responsible for data analysis and database management. DBAs typically are involved in maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning.
Local candidates preferred but not required.
The Database Administrator is responsible for data analysis and database management. Database Administrators typically are involved in maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning. Database Administrators have a range of skills and knowledge of the utilities and production tools used for data storage management to support the Application Team.
- Developing and enforcing database standards and best practices including performance, security, monitoring policies and procedures along with researching improvements to enhance overall system performance.
- Perform Microsoft SQL database administration including software installations/configurations for SQL Server 2012/2014 to 2016/2017 including SSDT, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and peripheral features/products such as log shipping, mirroring, and maintenance packs (DBCC, backups, re-indexing).
- Capacity planning work (on Production, UAT, DEV environments); platform migration and monitoring database growth and design, maintaining and ensuring High Availability solutions including replication, clustering, performance tuning etc.
- Troubleshoot complex systems to identify bottlenecks (SQL, IO, hardware, query related, etc.) and resolve database related issues.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor''s Degree in Comp Science, Information Management, or related field and 3 years- IT experience with MS Server
- Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science/Information Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in database administration in Microsoft SQL Server (2016; 2014; 2012 versions).
- Experience in database performance tuning through monitoring database environment or tuning system resources, queries, indexes, and otherdatabase objects.
- Experience in writing effective database specifications using TSQL scripts.
- Experience in creating SQL database tables, views, indexes, triggers, synonyms, database links, functions, packages, and stored procedures.
- Experience in installing, patching, configuring, and securing MS servers
- Working knowledge of capacity planning (on Production, UAT, DEV environments)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a multiple audiences.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in shell scripts and PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and/or SSRS
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation
- Experience in Installing Third Party Tools to interface with SQL Server
- SQL DBA ExperienceRequired7Years
- T-SQL & ANSI SQL Required5Years
- SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016Required5Years
- PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS Required5Years
- Large-scale Data Migration Required2Years
- Server Optimization & Tuning Required7Years
- Data Warehouse Concepts Required3Years
- MCDBA Required
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.