Description SUMMARY: The Database Administrator (DBA) 3, is responsible for day-to-day support of Oracle, MS SQL Server databases and other Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) on a 24x7 basis. As a member of the Network Operations team, the DBA 3, works closely with other Database Administrators and has a high level of interaction with developers, Quality Assurance (QA), and other business partners to deploy mission critical systems. The DBA, Level 3, is expected to help educate the other team members on the latest database technologies; serves as a point of contact for technical issues and challenges for the development and QA teams; works with the business units to provide the implementation of database strategies, performance improvements, optimization, and problem analysis; and participates in developing and designing global database strategies, database policies, standards, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Serves as an Oracle DBA providing mid-senior level administrative support services
• Plans, implements and monitors patching services for physical and virtual solutions
• Analyzes and optimizes the operational environment
• Sustains capacity and performance requirements, consolidate and tune databases for optimal efficiency
• Maintains systems and platforms at 99% availability (outside of scheduled downtime)
• Ensures data integrity by conducting daily, weekly, and monthly checklists, monitor logs, space checks, audit reports, and backups
• Maintains and updates the database architecture, including upgrading and installing database software
• Provides recommendations on planned hardware OS and configuration upgrades/modifications on database servers to protect and verify data and database services are not impacted
• Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication, failover, and the restoration and recovery of corrupt databases
• Performs database backups on a routine basis, validate backups and periodically test media integrity.
• Performs Root Cause analysis of RDBMS issues
• Responsible for sharing 24 x 7 on-call duties with other team members
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline AND
• (8+) Eight years of relevant hands-on experience providing Oracle DBA support OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: SQL, Oracle DBA, OCA/OCP Certification(s)
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Good working knowledge of Oracle, Exadata, SQL Server on Linux/Windows operating systems.
• Good working knowledge of Golden Gate replication with Oracle/SQL server.
• Experience troubleshooting application and system performance and complex, production software issue
• Working technical experience with building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers preferred
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time
• Ability to pass required background check