Washington Technology Solutions (WaTech) operates the state's core technology infrastructure, the central network and data center and supports enterprise applications. WaTech also houses the State Office of the Chief Information Officer and the Office of Cyber Security. Our customers include state agencies, county, city and tribal governments as well as nonprofits. We enable public agencies to better serve the people of Washington through technology.
What would you be doing in this role?
The Agency Technology Services (ATS) unit provides services to internal agency staff. This position is a member of the team providing database and system administration of databases used for enterprise services and internal custom applications.
This position is the technical expert that designs, develops and engineers software, hardware, and integration solutions.
- Serves as architect and establishes both business and technical data requirements for enterprise services systems. Responsible for technical design and documentation of the architecture underlying the data services.
- Consult with service owners in WaTech on how to integrate data related products and services to support their business requirements.
- Support technical updates and revises existing applications, programs, interfaces and vendor software.
- Use knowledge of the Microsoft SQL, Oracle and other database related frameworks to design, implement and maintain databases for enterprise services.
- Implement database backup solutions, database software and management tool installations across the agency to support Enterprise services.
- Develop applications that support the agency's needs to automate critical administrative data functions and provide effective technology services to external customer agencies.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Four years of SQL Server experience designing, developing and administering databases including T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS.
- 1 year of DB2, Oracle, and MongoDB experience designing, developing, migrating, and administering databases.
- Experience working with stakeholders and customers gathering business requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Technical and non-technical writing skills.