We like to be open-minded and pragmatic. We use Agile/Scrum to run our teams, but more importantly, we dedicate a lot of effort to team development—making sure teams have the resources and environment most conducive to their success.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of database design and management including modeling, creation and maintenance of database objects.
- Applies in-depth understanding of database tools and utilities in at least one DBMS platform
- Demonstrates highly developed SQL and database performance tuning skills.
- Performs evaluation, modification and integration functions associated with vendor supplied database software.
- Ensures business continuity by developing and implementing highly available database systems, and database backup and recovery plans and procedures.
- Liaises with database software vendors and external technical support on issues.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of relevant database design or administration and/or systems/development life cycle experience
- Experience as a DBA working with PostgreSQL
- Experience and knowledge with ETL & bulk data import/export
- Experience with data partitioning and data sharding
- Experience with technical programming languages
- Experience with database design and database management systems
- Experience in Linux server provisioning and configuration
- Experience with Python and Linux shell scripting
- Experience as a DBA with AWS Cloud databases, especially AWS RDS for PostgreSQL
- Has designed and implemented AWS Cloud databases and database clusters for highly-available applications, disaster recovery, and performance
- Experience with AWS database migration
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform, or other provisioning and configuration management tools
- Experience in Windows server provisioning and configuration
- Experience as a DBA with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration
- In-memory databases knowledge (Redis)
- Elasticsearch knowledge
- Replication of large amounts of data between geographical regions