As a Database Administrator, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Install, configure, upgrade, monitor, maintain and manage multiple SQL Server databases.
- Perform database and application tuning.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain databasesecurity
- Create, maintain and monitor SQL Server replication.
- Perform code review and provide consultation to development teams.
- Provide 24x7 support in an on call rotation with other staff members.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Review, approve and create database logical and physical designs.
- Integrate third party software and databases with corporate databases.
- Train other staff as necessary.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- 4+ years maintaining SQL Server mission critical databases
- 4+ years TSQL programming
- 1+ years implementing and maintaining database replication
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical people
- Problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to meet deadlines
- HP Blade and EVA SAN optimization
- Veritas Net Backup
- NET technologies