Provides the technical expertise and leadership required for the creation, integrity, stability, and security of Fidelis Care New York’s databases from concept to deployment; establishes flexible data stores, performance tuning, and query optimization; responsible for understanding and managing system interdependencies including performing impact analysis when change is required; collaborates with application teams on system design and sizing; ensures that systems meet corporate standards and regulatory mandates; collaborates on projects, disaster recovery planning, and evaluation of internal technologies to improve IT efficiencies.
- Collaborate extensively with application and infrastructure teams in the design and documentation of database implementation at the system and platform levels; establish protocols for data movement and code promotion; work with leadership in establishing technology roadmaps; participate in and provide direction to junior personnel in the investigation and prototyping of new technologies and tools.
- Work extensively with application teams to develop and tune stored procedures and other codes; perform the necessary testing to ensure that the deployed system meets operational needs; oversee and perform software rollouts, upgrades, and patches; certify "development tools" for application teams.
- Perform user authentication and authorization management tasks; backup implementation and monitoring; establish and monitor SLAs and OLAs via database metrics; establish data migrations for data promotion to production and data demotion to development.
- Validate that database platforms and supporting technologies operate according to corporate standards and solution design specifications; assist in the development of database related standards, procedures, and methodology for the control, security, and integrity of data to protect the system from internal and external tampering or damage.
- Interface with Network Operations Center, and Applications and Systems teams to remediate incidents; support a 24x7x365 environment with on-callresponsibilities; actively participate in problem resolution management.
- MA/MS-Masters Degree or equivalent in related field is preferred
- BA/BS-Bachelors Degree or equivalent in related field is required.
- Eight to10 years of professional Database Administration experience working in a medium to enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in at least two database platforms with vertical experience in both.
- Programming: Scripting or other programming language background.
- Business Analysis Knowledge: Skilled to work in a fast paced environment. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service: Skilled to communicate with all levels of management, internal and external customers.
- Effective Business Communication: Skilled in communicating with technical and business constituencies in writing effective business specifications and requirements.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team or independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access; Outlook.
- MSCDBA or other DBA certificate preferred.