Summary:The Database Administrator II (DBA) is responsible for assisting in the development, deployment, maintenance, security, and provisioning of multiple development, quality assurance, and production database environments.
- The Candidate will support the database environments, assisting developers in configuring the development and testing environments, and leading process improvement efforts for development operations.
- Be responsible for managing initial and updated database deployment to cloud-based and/or internal environments.
- Monitor development, quality, and production database environments for performance, stability, security, and cost
- Work closely with the internal infrastructure team, as well as the rest of the product development staff
- Manage database source control repositories
- Ensure that database environments are accessible to NextGear applications
- Automation of uptime and status checking, and database availability status
- Automation of on-demand deployment of new testing, training, and demonstration environments of databases in support of applications developed by the Product Development team
- Maintenance, backup and disaster recovery planning, maintenance, and implementation
- Mentoring, and coaching of a team of professionals that shares these responsibilities.
- 3+ years database administration experience, with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the following Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- HA (High Availability)
- Service Broker
- Experience maintaining Linux and Windows server environments
- Experiencepreferred in one or more of the following technologies:
- SQL Server 2008+
- PostgreSQL 9+
- Public cloud deployments to environments such as Amazon EC2, Heroku, or Rackspace
- Private cloud deployments to environments such as Hyper-V, VMWare or OpenStack
- Automation tools such as Salt, PowerShell, etc.
- System monitoring tools such as NewRelic, DataDog, and Solarwinds
- Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and fix system configuration issues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experiencepreferred
- Previous experience in a team environment preferred