- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work with a team of Oracle/SQL Server DBAs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Perform installations of database related software. (including database upgrades and patching)
- Monitor databases to maintain/ensure database uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot application/database issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc...
- Tune long running SQL using AWR/ASH/ADDM/Profiler and etc.
- Review & refine existing database tasks and processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
- Perform database migrations using 12C container concepts, data pump export/import, RMAN database duplication procedures
- Leverage & utilize cron and O/S scripting in support of database maintenance/diagnosis/support
- Review the existing database implementation and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
- Perform SQL Server installations
- Support SQL Server databases
- Over 8years of experience in maintaining/supporting Oracle databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technicalexperience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
Desired knowledge of and experience with the following technologies:
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Advanced oracle features (RAC, Data Guard)
- Oracle Tools/Functions (RMAN, Data Pump, AWR, ASH, ADDM, Profiler)
- Familiarity with Linear referencing systems and how data is maintained
- Advanced database/SQL tuning concepts
- Oracle database administration
- Oracledatabase setup & creation
- Sql server database setup & creation
- RMAN usage in backup/recovery/duplication of databases
- Support of Oracle databases in Linux environment
- Support of Oracle databases in Windows environment
- Usage of Oracle enterprise manager
- Performance & Tuning of Oracledatabase & sql
- Performance & Tuning of SQL Server database & sql
- Installation & setup of SQL Server 2014
- Installation of oracledatabase upgrading & patching