Are you awesome at databases but also have a passion for ensuring all aspects of a Cloud databases are providing a great customer experience? As an On-premises SQL Server and Cloud DBA, you will work as part of the Data Warehouse team responsible for managing and optimizing mission critical database systems and applications supporting our Data and Analytics suite of products under BI platform. You will constantly seek new ways to improve database and data warehouse performance and build tools to automate repetitive tasks within our data centers located around the world.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the availability, performance and scalability of the database platforms that support Data and Analytics products.
- Provide ongoing database management, implementation, configuration, and maintenance tasks as well as query optimization and performance tuning.
- Build database schemas, tables, indexes, and data dictionaries conforming to industry standards
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production data and database issues.
- Manage database access across all environments and on-prem to cloud migrations
- Help, define and operationalize best practices for database deployments in both on-premises and clouds, including configuration, design, authentication, capacity planning, health monitoring, backups, recovery and availability, data security, data integrity, data governance and performance.
- Responsibility to manage storage and utilization of resources.
- Deliver high-impact, high-value automation.
OTHER CORE FUNCTIONS
- Help to maintain ETL/ELT jobs, Data Warehouse processes, Data Lake, MS Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Data Bricks, OLAP cubes, Snowflake and resolve data issues effectively
- Identify and promote standards, best practices and patterns for environment setup, database creation, data migration and provide oversight for all activities related to database administration
- Help and deliver multiyear Data Warehouse capacity and administration roadmap plans in partnership with the DW team
- Assist for integrating Master Data Management domains, SOX/Audit processes, Bit Bucket, Gits and BI platform for reporting/analytics database solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering with at least 4 years of experience in Data Analytics platform.
- 5+ years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Cloud databases (Azure, Snowflake)
- Proficient with one or more scripting / programming languages (python, spark, SQL, shell, bash, etc.)
- Demonstrate great analytic skills, able to independently troubleshoot application issues.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a range of teams and skill sets
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment