Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Job Title: Database Administrator
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet might surprise you! Each day, we are taking steps to transform our culture into one that activates the very best in our people. At the heart of our work you’ll find our core values: to be data inspired, relentlessly curious and inherently generous. These values inform how we engage with our customers and how we energize one another. Step inside and you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. We're also exploring what needs to change to accelerate creativity and innovation.
We eliminate traditional performance reviews in favor of a more continuous dialog between team members and their managers.
We flattened the structure of our organization so that our leaders are accessible and more in tune with our people.
And, we changed our dress policy: 'Dress for Your Day' simply means wear what you want.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our Data team in Austin, TX.
The Database Administrator engages directly with all groups within Technology. The Database Administrator will be responsible for design, performing maintenance and some development tasks.
Responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the major functions of this role include owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests.
Focus is on managing and resolving issues, monitoring and identifying database performance issues, deploying releases to staging and production environments as requested through the change management framework, Apply service packs/hotfixes to SQL server as needed.
This position will focus on the development and maintenance of robust, scalable database structures and queries. The administrator will provide maintenance and management support for a SQL Server environments and assist with future upgrades to approved SQL Server releases.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study, or 4 years of Database Administration for SQL Server.
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in Database Administration for SQL Server (2012/2014/2016) in a multi-site enterprise environment.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting and resolving SQL Server database problems.
- Must have experience configuring and managing SQL Server clusters.
- Must have experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) of SQL Server databases, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Must have experience with backups, restores and recovery models for SQL Server.
- Must have experience with SQL Server Replication.
- Must have knowledge of SQL Server Security Models and Roles.
- Must have knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server, including Always On and Availability groups.
- Must have experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Must have experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Must have knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics on SQL Server.
- Must have experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team environment and follow standard operating procedures.
- Must have experience building servers through the AWS Management console and experience troubleshooting and supporting AWS related issues.
- Experience with AWS EMR, Redshift, and various technologies supporting Big Data and various technology to support data driven solutions.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
- This job requires work to be done outside of normal working hours including week nights and occasionally weekends.