Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Contract - 12 Months
Partner’s Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking a Database Administrator with experience in MySQL and Influx to play a key role in providing support for databases for various projects. You will be part of the team that is responsible for supporting database maintenance and optimization activities.
- Optimizes database performance where needed, and writes and/or troubleshoots code and design.
- Establishes automation and reporting where needed.
- Manages database configuration, host configuration and authentication mechanisms, database health information, database reliability, application reliability and monitoring configuration.
- Troubleshoots and resolves database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues and security issues.
- Helps mitigate to ensure services are resumed and provides short-term and long-term betterment recommendations.
- Trains other team members on MySQL database administration.
- Oversees some on-call and 24x7 monitoring responsibilities.
- Creates KPI’s and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or relevant discipline.
- At least 3years of experience with MySQL Database Design and Administration. Experience with Influx or other similar metrics database systems is a plus.
- Experience working in large environments is a plus.
- Telecommunications/ cable industry experience is nice to have.
- Strong communication skills and ability to teach and mentor others.
Partner's Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client's requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success.