This exciting position serves an important role in a company that is growing and developing innoviative solutions. We are seeking new team members that thrive on collaboration and teamwork in a positive work environment.
Design, set-up, support and maintain corporate wide databases. Monitor all aspects of databases and work closely with developers to define and implement database programming standards.
II. General Responsibilities
- Setup, support and upgrade corporate wide databases in production, development and test environments
- Works closely with developers to produce high performing SQL, efficient and effective table and index designs and participates in code reviews
- Perform daily administrative database tasks
- Setup, monitor and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases
- Monitor database space usage proactively and perform capacity planning analysis
- Assist in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operation of the DBMS and database applications, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software
- Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration
- Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objectives between development, quality assurance and production environments
- Provide support to software applications developer in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning
- Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems
- Provide user support as a member of our in-house help desk
- Travel to remote offices as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
III. Secondary Job Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (will consider applicatants with extensive DBA experience managing databases in lieu of specific degree requirements)
- Vendor certifications preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of Oracle EBS/DBA experience a must.
- 1-3 years of SQL Server experience a plus.
- Experience with AIX, Linux and/or Unix operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge with SQL and PL/SQL performance tuning to achieve optimal performance
- Scripting skills in BASH, Korn Shell and/or Perl
- Experience working with application development teams to design and develop database solutions to meet business needs
- Data modeling experience is a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with technical and business team members, as well as senior IT leaders.
- Excellent communication skills and the commitment to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users
- Strong troubleshooting skills