The Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills. Individual must be self-motivated, open to new ideas and methods of application implementation. Proficiency in both verbal and written communication is mandatory, with the ability to talk with both technical and business users alike. This is a hands-on database support role that will require performing all aspects of data and databaseadministration.
- 24x7 Support Position
- Support Back Office accounting, billing and clearing systems
- Research and resolve data integrity issues
- Database Administration of Development environment
- Database Administration of Quality Assurance environment
- DatabaseSecurity Administration
- Backup and Recovery planning and execution
- Disaster Recovery planning and execution
- Database Performance & Turning
- Coordination efforts between DBA and other teams
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of production database management experience, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle
- 5+ years years experience with VLDB (very large databases) in a high transaction rate environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Replication design, implementation and support.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Always On availability groups - design, implementation and support.
- Experience with Enterprise Scheduling Tools, preferably Tidal Enterprise Scheduler.
- Experience in the financial, securities or brokerage industry, with focus on equity clearing operations is a plus
- Advanced Technical architecture and documentation skills, preferably with Visio