$100K — $150K *
General Summary: Brillient Corporation is seeking an experienced Database Administrator to join it's Team supporting the Office of New Drug
Products (ONDP) in the Office of Pharmaceutical Quality (OPQ) in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) for technical and analytical services
for multiple Workload Resource Allocation Planner (WRAP) databases.
Essential Job Functions:
• Providing enhancements by creating new code, fields, tables, forms, reports, modules, and queries as requested by the database owners.
• Compacting and repairing the database on a regular basis at a time and in a manner that minimizes disruption to normal database operations.
• Compacting and repairing the database as needed, after ensuring that all users have exited the database, if it should become corrupted or if report run-time performance or record save operation performance degrades.
• Coordinating with the Office of Information Management (OIM) regarding the database’s restoration in the event that the database crashes and cannot be compacted and repaired.
• Performing bug fixes, which shall be delivered within 8 business hours of time reported.
• Providing a Permissions Manager for use by the designated government administrator to assign read, add, update and delete privileges to individual users. The level of access may be at the form or field level as requested by the database owner.
• Providing continuous system support during FDA Business hours.
• Enhancing system performance and system functionality to improve data flow and efficiency of ONDP business workflow.
• Providing monthly update for all databases to ONDP Supervisor.
• Enhancing existing and generating new training materials, including, but not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Aids and associated PowerPoint presentations covering all aspects of both routine user experience and interface as well as that of higher level management functions, as well as those describing the database administration role.
• Presenting ONDP staff with a comprehensive information package on changes performed.
Education/Certification Requirement: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirement: Minimum eight (8) years experience.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
• Design and building of Database using Microsoft Access including
• Previous experience in design and use of databases using Queries, Forms and Reports
• Understanding and Use of VBA and SQL Programming
• Databases with Multi-user data entry
• Maintenance of Database including
• Database backup
• Detection and correction of database errors
Equipment Operated: Computer hardware and software as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office or call center environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Valid through: 9/30/2021